The Warehouse Material Handler 1 position receives, stores and distributes aircraft parts, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
Maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
Assist in counting and movement of physical inventory.
Weigh, count and inspect items to ensure conformance to customers’ and company’s standards.
Must be able to read and write by entering required information.
Ability to follow processes and procedures and adhere to rules and regulations.
Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
Prepare parcels for mailing and shipping.
Sweep, dust, mop, organize, maintain and upkeep the warehouse and work area for cleanliness at all times.
Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe.
Wear the proper safety equipment.
Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
Ability to operate pallet-jacks, forklifts, scissor-lifts and cherry-pickers.
Ability to lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
Ability to stand, walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
May be assigned to facilities maintenance, material handling and put-away as needed.
• High School Diploma or higher
• 1-2 years of general work experience in related field
• Reporting skills, Inventory Control, Documentation skills, Equipment Maintenance, Data entry skills
• Prior warehouse/production/equipment service experience preferred
• Ability to operate a manual / powered pallet jack or lift product
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Forklift certification is a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively, teamwork, coordination, organization, planning, time management, dependability
• Attention to detail
• Basic computer skills and typing
• Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English
Location: San Bernardino, CA