This position requires cleanliness and sanitation of all cookware, small wares and items used in the serving and production of food as well as the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen area along with general help in the basic preparations of food.
Ensure the cleanliness and sanitation by:
- Cleaning all cook ware, small wares and items used in the production and serving of food in the café as well as the general cleanliness of the kitchen area.
- Assisting chefs with basic preparation of foods as needed
Maintain a safe and clean work environment by:
- Cleaning-as-you-go practices and established cleaning procedures.
- Exercise safe techniques and practices regarding interaction with the environment, equipment, food products, chemicals and people.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of a High School degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Full time staff position with estimated regular hours of 37.5 per week. Nights and weekends required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Tolerate work related stress effectively and maintains self-control/professionalism.
- Interact and communicates well with other employees, management, and the client.
- Promote and practice the values of the college and the Sisters of Mercy.
- Able to be trained to safely use knives.
- Produce fresh, quality healthy food products and manages these products safely and in accordance with best practices and Maine State Food Code.
- Operate equipment they have been trained to use safely and for its intended use only.
- Exhibit proper cleaning and sanitation procedures in accordance with best practices and Maine State Food Code.
- ServSafe certification or equivalent certificate in proper sanitation procedures and safe food handling.
- Able to be flexible with scheduling.
Applicants must be willing to embrace and support the mission and core values of Saint Joseph’s College.
Saint Joseph’s College, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, is a Catholic liberal arts college enrolling 1,000 students in the traditional four-year college. Another 2,400 students in locations across the country and throughout the world are enrolled in Saint Joseph’s online programs. Saint Joseph’s College provides a career-focused, personalized liberal arts education offering more than 40 undergraduate programs, certificates and graduate degrees for on-campus and online students. The beautiful 474 acre campus is located on Sebago Lake, one half hour from Portland, Maine and two hours from Boston.
Saint Joseph’s College is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees. We have been recognized as a 2015 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please complete our online application, at www.sjcme.edu ; click on “Careers at SJC”. Please include your resume and cover letter, the names and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references, and read and sign the Pre-Employment Statement.
Saint Joseph’s College is an EEO employer.
Specific questions may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-893-7757.