HOPE’S CLOSET – DRIVER
Reports to: Retail Supervisor
Nonexempt – Full Time
Starting Wage Range – $9.00 – $10.50
JOB FUNCTION: Using a company truck, picks up donations from donors and delivers the items to Hope’s Closet, ensuring donations are properly displayed on the sales floor. Under the direction of the Supervisor, ensures prompt and efficient processing of donated items from the donation room to the sales floor. Maintains friendly professional work environment with donors, customers, staff and volunteers.
1. Picks up donations from donors per schedule and assigned route.
2. Ensures that items are secured in the truck to avoid shifting and damage.
3. Provides superior customer service and maintains a professional, helpful attitude at all times.
4. Provides donor with a detailed receipt of items being donated.
5. Drives vehicle in a safe and courteous manner, abiding by all State of Arizona driving laws.
6. Immediately notifies management of any accidents or driving violations.
7. Unloads donations from truck to sales floor and ensures that donations are inside the building and secured by 7:00 p.m. daily.
8. Promptly and efficiently processes donations by sorting and organizing donations, as assigned.
9. Ensures donation room is organized, neat, orderly, clean and safe.
10. Ensures outside donation area is neat, safe and organized.
11. Cleans and sweeps the dumpster area daily.
12. Performs other delivery and pick up assignments as needed.
1. Maintains accurate records of gas purchases, mileage, repairs and service.
2. Notifies supervisor of all repairs or anticipated repairs.
3. Keeps truck clean, inside and out, and maintained at all times.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Other combinations of education may be considered.
2. Two years experience as a delivery driver preferred. Other experience may be considered.
3. Be bondable to fidelity.
4. Be able to pass fingerprint clearance. *
5. Must be 21 years of age or older.
6. Valid Arizona driver’s license.
7. Clean Driving record Personal and/or CDL.
8. CPR/First Aid Certification required. *
9. Negative TB test required. *
- If you do not have the items marked with an **, the employer will complete these areas of qualification during the hire process.
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: