The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for managing existing relationships with dental office customers within a defined multi-state territory. While servicing as the day-to-day customer contact, the position is responsible for ensuring DDS meets overall revenue, volume and service goals within the territory. This position requires 50% out-of-state travel.
This position will work remotely in Northern or Southern California, reporting to the Sales Director based in the Tampa, FL corporate office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Service, retain, grow and penetrate office customer base within a specified territory.
- Proactively contact existing and new office business targets on a structured basis utilizing per-established visit and call volumes to drive existing office growth and retention, as well as new office penetration, within a territory.
- Service offices and dentists regarding pricing, products, complaints, etc.
- Educate offices on new products and industry trends, as well as ensure credibility by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
- Develop professional relationships with direct one-to-one communication (both in person and over the phone) with assigned offices / dentists, both existing and prospective, explaining features of products offered, utilizing persuasive sales techniques.
- Act as a liaison between the technicians and offices for providing product and technical advice.
- Work with assigned customer service representative to ensure that all questions, issues, and follow-up regarding cases are handled within 24 hours.
- Record all customer contact information through Salesforce.com. This is a requirement for consistent management and on-boarding of all of DDS Lab’s customers.
- Travel within territory to customer office locations, which may require overnight travel.
- Attend product / industry seminars, trade shows and Annual Leadership Meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter with prior sales experience and desire to acquire new business (adding new offices, new dentists within existing offices, additional service lines and/or incremental market share).
- Excellent consultative and competitive sales skills that leverage both strong process and relationship-driven techniques.
- Persuasive communication skills (written/spoken) with the ability to present to small and large audiences.
- Strong client interface and presentation skills.
- Data-driven, analytical and detail-oriented approach.
- Customer and solution-oriented.
- Minimum of 4 years of sales success and quota achievement, preferably in the dental industry, or related customer-service-oriented experience where goal achievement can be demonstrated.
- Proven ability to penetrate, build and nourish meaningful, long-term relationships with senior executives, company employees, and other key stakeholders.
- Experience with Salesforce.com customer relationship management software or equivalent.
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Requirement for flexible schedule and as needed availability.
- Bachelors’ degree OR equivalent business experience.
- Meet all requirements to obtain and maintain a driver’s license in the US.
About DDS Lab:
DDS Lab is a growing global medical device manufacturer based in Tampa, FL. DDS Lab is a full-service dental laboratory that sells to dental practitioners across the US. DDS’ comprehensive offering of more than 400 products includes crowns and bridges, dentures, partials, implant restorations, attachments and orthodontic appliances. The company’s mission is to make a difference in the lives of patients with quality solutions that enable dentists to create healthy smiles. We believe having a talented team of professionals helps DDS achieve this goal.
Our benefits program has a robust offering of solutions designed to meet the health and wellness needs of our employees and their loved ones. We offer medical, dental and vision and many other options such as pet insurance and 401k.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
- Los Angeles, CA
- Sales: 4 years
- Salesforce.com: 1 year