The Teller is responsible for performing branch and customer service duties. Duties include accepting retail, commercial checking, and savings deposits, cashing checks and savings withdrawals, processing loan payments, and assisting with night depository and
vault duties. Tellers provide quality service, through effective use of the customer constitution. Actively looks for additional opportunities to refer and cross-sell bank services while processing transactions.
1. Assist customers with deposits, withdrawals, payments and coin and cash orders in a friendly courteous manner.
2. Balance teller drawer daily with a 95% or better balancing record.
3. Identify fraudulent activity to help prevent potential losses to Great Western Bank.
4. Maintain a well-developed, current, working knowledge of the complete line of products and services offered.
5. Promote and follow the Great Expectations Employee Guide, including the Customer Constitution. Successfully researches and resolves customer problems.
6. Participate in training programs and the Sales and Service Program.
7. Participate in community organizations and activities.
8. Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Basic math skills and strong customer service skills.
3. Cash handling experience preferred.
4. Retail and/or sales experience.
4. Proficient computer skills.
5. Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 20 to 50 pounds.
6. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
7. Self directed/Initiative.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.