• Tests web/mobile/ COTS applications
• Reviews business requirements and specifications for consistency in quality standards and preparation for testing.
• Executes manual/automation test cases, both functional and regression tests.
• Records and tracks issues/defects; follows-through with fix resolution and validation.
• Works closely with the business and development groups from conception to completion of multiple simultaneous projects.
• Learns the SDLC process.
• Performs hands-on testing of Web/mobile/ COTS applications.
• Interacts with business users and gains the knowledge of the requirements process.
• Gains utility industry experience.
Performs other related duties as required.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
• Business casual office environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• Familiarity with software quality assurance.
• Familiar with manual/functional testing.
• Excellent technical writing and documentation skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge of web and internet technologies.
• Knowledge with software development life cycle.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Familiarity with a programming language.
Minimum Education, Experience Requirements
• Completion of at least 2 years of college pursing a degree in IT, Computer Science, software development/engineering, network engineering or related technical discipline
• Must be proficient in the use of MS Office, including Access and Visio.