LOCATION: Varies REPORTS TO: Store Manager
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that includes: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BARISTA
As a Barista, you will be provided with the skills and products to make the customer’s day memorable. Favorite beverages, new and exciting pastry and food offerings, merchandise and unique whole beans, combined with engaged service is what drives customers to our Starbucks. If you enjoy meeting customers each day and love the opportunity to make their day special with a favorite Starbucks beverage, we invite you to come and join our team!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS**
• Provide high-quality customer service in accordance with our Company’s customer service standards and policies and procedures.
• Greet and engage customers, creating a welcoming experience while taking beverage and food orders.
• Provide courteous, friendly and efficient customer service
• Multi-task and maintain calm during peak times.
• Develop and communicate knowledge of coffees, espresso beverages, iced and blended beverages, food offerings, promotional products and limited time offers.
• Prepare a full line of Starbucks beverages to company and Starbucks standards.
• Comply with established weight and measures, health and sanitation, and safety policies, practices, procedures and guidelines.
• Operate electronic cash register, receive final payment from customer (cash or credit/debit card) and accurately make proper change.
• Maintain cleanliness of coffee service area of the store.
• Set up and maintain displays in coffee area according to established guidelines and procedures.
• Replace stock in preparation area from supply area.
• Adhere to uniform and grooming policy as defined within company policy.
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential job functions of this position: **
• Ability to use basic math skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the position.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as within a large team
• Self-motivation and drive to increase knowledge of Albertsons Safeway and Starbucks products and share that knowledge with our customers
• Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance. (Employees may be scheduled to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays and schedules may vary on a weekly basis.)
• Ability to comply with workplace conduct standards
The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position: **
Seldom: 1-2 hours, Occasional: 3-4 hours, Frequent: 5-6 hours, Continuous: 7+ hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
• Stand/Walk: Continuous
• Grip/Grasp: Continuous
• Reach: Continuous
• Lift/Carry: Frequent/carry 1-50 lbs.*depending on amount of trash lbs. will increase
• Push/Pull: Frequent, push/pull 10-20 lbs. products/shopping carts *depending on amount of carts lbs. will increase
• Bend/Stoop: Frequent
• Twist/Turn: Frequent
• Squat/Kneel: Occasional
Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and employees may be assigned duties and responsibilities in addition to those listed above.
** The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
Albertsons Safeway has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
We provide a variety of benefits including:
• Great pay
• Flexible schedule
• Opportunities for career development
• Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees
• Leisure time activity discounts
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER