* Create and roll out menu’s while adhering to the brand standards
* Control all food costs and contain costs within budgeted guidelines
* Hire and train all kitchen staff
* Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards
* Ensure food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
* Date all food containers and rotate as per hotel standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
* Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
* Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per hotel standards.
* Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Sous Chef or Kitchen Lead experience required
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English.
* Must be able to “prep” food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
* Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for work. Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
* Read recipes of items to be prepared.
The Holiday Inn and Suites Denver Tech Center – Centennial is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We are a drug free hotel. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled