• Exercised: Classification typically does not supervise.
• Note: Other reporting relationships may apply
Example of Duties:
City of Richmond Social Services employees are required to work during a declared emergency
The Department of Social Services division of Economic Support & Independence is seeking two highly qualified individuals for the position of Social Services Case Manager to work with the Child Care Program.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Processing childcare applications;
- Providing caseload management
- Completing reports for childcare cases;
- Processing requests for emergency services (delinquent utility bills, housing needs, etc.);
- Utilizing automated computer system to create purchase order/invoices;
- Working to assist customers to gain self-sufficiency
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or training equivalent to four years of college education in business, liberal arts, or any related field.
- Requires one year of customer service and/or Human Service experience.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
Preferred candidate will have:
- At least two years of related experience
- Possess a valid Virginia Driver’s License
- Considerable knowledge of the following:
- Child care service delivery systems
- Knowledge of current social
- Knowledge of economic and work/family concerns
- Knowledge of casework philosophy, methods and practices
- Ability to process high volume caseload
- Ability to work with diverse, low-income population
- Strong personal computer, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
~ Background checks and employment drug screening are required.~
City of Richmond Social Services employees may be required to work during a declared emergency.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis and routine keyboard operations.
Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
The job risks exposure to wet or humid conditions.
Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, speaking and depth perception.
The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Site Wide Menu:
- Highlighted Information
- Online Services
900 E. Broad St. | Richmond, VA 23219 | Map it | (804)646-7000
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Mayor Dwight C. Jones | © 2010 City of Richmond
This is the example of Message that could show on every page