We are an established custom furniture retailer seeking an energetic, self-motivated employee for part-time night and weekend hours at our Northeast Philadelphia location.
Starting wage will be $12 – $15 per hour, based on candidate’s experience and skill set. Prospective salary will be based on employee’s performance.
This position will require a minimum of 20 hours per week, but there will often be opportunities for additional hours. For candidates interested in starting out part-time but developing into a full-time employee, we have 2 additional Philadelphia-area locations, so growth opportunities will be available.
Applicants must have experience in sales or another profession that involves working face-to-face with the public.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Retail Furniture Sales (custom dining sets & bar stools)
- Helping Customers Design their Furniture and Select Colors
- Light Assembly of Furniture (mostly kitchen chairs and bar stools)
- Assisting Customers with Loading Furniture into their Vehicles
- Receiving Furniture Shipments
- Clerical Tasks (filing, etc.)
- Maintaining a Clean, Organized, Professional Work Area
- Fixed (Non-commissioned) Wage
- Performance Bonuses, including sales bonuses
- Real Professional and Financial Growth Potential
One of the perks of this position is the lack of monotony during the work day. No two days are exactly the same, and you actually get to be creative on a daily basis. In one shift, you might be helping customers the entire time. In another, you might be assembling bar stools most of the day. Other shifts might be a combination of sales, office work, and furniture assembly. It really does vary from day to day, so there’s rarely a dull moment.
We run our business by the golden rule – we treat our customers and employees the way we want to be treated ourselves. In practicing this philosophy, we bend over backwards to satisfy our customers, we never ask an employee to do something we haven’t done ourselves, and we reward our employees for jobs well done. We understand that happy employees = more satisfied customers = more sales = company growth.
Our selected candidate must practice this same philosophy and understand that our company’s success is directly related to his/her own success. Satisfied customers = company growth = more room for employee growth and increased compensation.
We sell very complex custom furniture, so the ability to memorize detailed information about these products is paramount.
To qualify for the position, you must demonstrate ALL of the following:
- Excellent Verbal Communication Skills
- Basic Mechanical Ability (some experience with basic tools, like drills and wrenches)
- Detail-Oriented Work Ethic
- Ability to Work Autonomously
- Ability to Multi-task and Think “Outside-the-Box”
- Strong Memorization Ability
- A Professional, Friendly Attitude
- Fundamental Computer Skills with a Solid Understanding of Programs like Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
Applicants must also have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
PLEASE NOTE: We require references! We will only consider applicants who can provide at least one reference from a current or previous employer. Please include your references’ contact information with your resume/application.
If you meet the requirements listed above and are interested in this opportunity, we’re anxious to hear from you!
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: