Do you have a strong sales aptitude or better said are you constantly the life of the party? Tired of being in the same old stale sales job? Are you interested in a true career opportunity where your skills and experiences matter? Would you like to be a part of a 100 year old family company, where fun still happens, and people still MATTER? How about an opportunity to grow, develop, be engaged, while developing a future that will help you achieve your financial and personal goals?
We are looking for a dynamic individual interested in an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts in the Sedona/Prescott area. The main focus is to help Stern Produce customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company…without forgetting to HAVE FUN!
Skills to be Successful
- The ability develop new business relationships, penetrate existing accounts with new products, and minimize lost business by providing world class service
- A passion for food, and a willingness to find the best restaurants, resorts, school kitchens, and other prospects in your area that may be potential partners.
- Be inquisitive and have a desire to learn your customers’ business in detail to ensure you are their most highly valued partner.
- Have the drive to read market/field alerts and stay apprised of what is happening in different growing regions to help keep customers informed.
- Most importantly to be successful at Stern you will need a fun outgoing positive personality, be thick skinned, have a true commitment to team work, great communication skills/love to talk, and a willingness to be highly engaged in what we do J
It’s a career in sales so I’ll make it simple, find qualifying prospects, turn them into customers, make them profitable and keep them happy…see…simple!
- Build winning relationships that result in securing new business as well as the continued growth of current business.
- Monitor sales and profitability, partner with customers to make ever sale a win-win for all.
- Partner with customers and internal departments to research availability and applicability of new products.
- Go out and see customers. We believe a hand shake still matters…seeing customers is important!
- Partner with accounts receivable to ensure customers are in compliance with credit terms and policy. Collect monies to keep customers current and apply credits as needed.
- Help customers by updating and monitoring prices and/or order guides on a regular basis.
- Partner with various internal departments and customers on proprietary products for the following:
- Product specification changes
- Slow movement of inventory
- Increases of inventory movement (due to special events, promotions or holidays)
- When you win a new customer, be sure to communicate properly to the proper departments to ensure a great first experience and continued exceeding of expectations.
- Keep customers informed by distributing reports to customer, customers management and/or unit level customers in a timely manner.
- It’s always fun to brag, schedule and coordinate business reviews with customers on a regular basis.
- Customer’s like to be made aware of changes so keep them up to date with market changes (quality, pricing, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Be accessible to all customers and support teams during business hours, and often before/after regular people are done working…respond as quickly as possible.
- Coordinate and distribute information in a timely manner regarding proprietary products or new item:
- Complete new item set up form and get to the buyer in a timely manner
- Follow-up immediately to assure new item number has been established
- Review cost and evaluate sell price to be correct before information is distributed to the customer.
- Inform customers in writing of the estimated time of product arrival, so that customer may start ordering for distribution
- Responsible for communicating with support teams on a daily basis to coordinate and/or delegate necessary tasks and follow-up.
- Have fun working with brokers and manufacturers learning and promoting cool food items.
- Make necessary hotshots to meet customers’ demands or coordinate through transportation department to meet customers’ satisfaction level.
- Responsible for completeness of customer set-up form and coordinating information with credit department and operations.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Partner with transportation to best manage deliveries and routing schedule; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Represent Stern in a big way….!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 YRS Foodservice sales experience preferred
- 6 months of outside sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts a plus
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with MS Outlook
- Restaurant management / chef experience would be great
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) would be a bonus
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
About Stern Produce:
Stern Produce has been supporting Arizona’s economy since 1917. We have an extensive line of local and national growers that include conventional produce, micro herbs, specialty and heirloom produce. Stern utilizes a climate controlled receiving and shipping dock to maximize shelf life and maintain freshness. In 1994, we partnered with Pro*Act USA to achieve a competitive advantage through consolidated purchasing to streamline the produce supply chain and pass on significant cost-benefits on to our customers.
Job Type: Commission
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year