Founded in 1923, Nielsen is the global authority on the consumer. We help over 20,000 clients, from Coca-Cola to Walmart to Apple to Disney, in over 100 countries understand consumers and grow their businesses, every day. Nielsen’s business is organized into two areas: What Consumers Watch, serving media, telecom and tech industries; and What Consumers Buy, serving consumer goods, retail, financial services and automotive industries. Nielsen went public in 2011 and joined the S&P 500 in 2013.
We are looking for a Sales/Membership Representative to make a positive impact on our business, and his/her career. Through recruiting potential Nielsen family homes to participate in our TV and consumer research, our Membership Representatives play an important role in the foundational data on which our business is built.
Is the Sales/Membership Representative role right for you?
Successful Sales/Membership Representative are people who are highly-skilled, knowledgeable, and energetic. They are the three (3) Ps: passionate, personable, and persuasive. Membership Representatives are adaptable, self-motivated and goal driven. They are go-getters who love to meet new people and enjoy a new challenge each day.
What does a Sales/Membership Representative do?
- Drive to selected homes within a designated territory, using company-provided vehicle and supplied GPS
- Approach statistically-selected homes without an appointment/unannounced
- Persuade, educate and earn trust from potential Nielsen families to get them energized and excited about participating in Nielsen TV and Computer Research
- Use influencing skills and techniques to overcome objections and maximize potential Nielsen family participation
- Conduct in-person interviews with families to gather, collect, and enter demographic data to ensure they meet established criteria
- Collaborate with various departments within Nielsen to ensure a quality sample
What does it take?
- Flexibility to work non-traditional schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Work independently from a home office environment
- Being able to navigate secured buildings, gated communities, stairs, elevators, walkways and driveways (paved and unpaved) and a wide variety entrances into potential Nielsen family
- Willing and able to interact with potential Nielsen families in their home
- Ability to navigate and route plan operating GPS and traditional maps
- Pass a comprehensive background check, including criminal and motor vehicle record
- Computer proficiency; ability to use email, spreadsheets, and other applications
- Bachelors, Associates degree or High School Diploma/GED with 2-5 years equivalent work experience
- Business to Consumer sales or in-home sales experience is a plus but not required
- Military Experience is a plus but not required
What are the Benefits?
Nielsen offers unlimited career and earning potential, top-of-the-line training and other great benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation package including base annual salary, plus:
- Generous commission plan based on performance. Comprehensive benefits package effective the first day of employment(including medical, dental and vision)
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Potential for paid overtime
- Language pay differential to those who qualify
- Paid time off including holidays, vacation, personal and sick days, maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company car, including insurance, gas, and maintenance
- Tablet, home printer, and cell phone (monthly talk and data service provided)
- Comprehensive paid sales relationship building training program including two weeks in Tampa, FL – lodging and transportation included
Who is Nielsen?
Nielsen is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement. By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance.
Nielsen, an S&P 500 company (NYSE: NLSN), has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90% of the world’s population. Nielsen prides itself on being a place where employees can be themselves, make a difference, and grow their careers with the company. It has been named one of the “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” by DiversityInc for three years running and was selected as one of the “Top 35 Companies for Leaders who want Flexibility” by FlexJobs. For more information visit www.nielsen.com .
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Multi – Lingual is a plus but not required
Required license or certification: