Insight Brewing Company located in Minneapolis, MN, is seeking a full-time Sales Manager to join its growing team. Established in 2014, Insight Brewing is known for bringing the world of beer back to Minnesota. Some of its most well-known beers include flagships Troll Way, Dankbot, Sunken City, Hell Chicken, Devil’s Companion, Banshee Cutter. Insight Brewing distributes draft and canned beer.
As Sales Manager for Insight Brewing Company, the candidate will directly be responsible for achieving budgeted financial, volume, distributor execution, and sales team results in the sales region. To achieve this task, our Sales Manager will need to employ effective business management, distributor collaboration, and people development. This is broken down, but not limited to, as follows:
Successfully managing all sales activities and financial results for the Region via building effective market plans, monitoring results, and communicating with distributor partners, retail partners, and brewery team members.
- Planning: Monitors results for budgets for the Region covering volume, revenue, and sales team expenses. Holds sales team accountable to expense guidelines and approves team expense reports.
- Reporting: Reports to the General Manager periodically as needed on the following metrics
- Fiduciary responsibility: Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves company resources
- Market depletion trends as monitored regularly in VIP
- Distributor execution results vs. calendar objectives
- Anecdotal market results
- Special initiative results (seasonal/special item allocations, field quality/pricing/execution surveys, crew drives)
Market Ethics and Legal: Acts professionally at all times, is responsible with alcohol, and avoids ‘gray area’ sales tactics. Knows local alcoholic beverage laws in operating detail.
- Ongoing, detailed review and knowledge of all data results to include VIP, team execution, and distributor results vs. Annual Market Plan objectives.
- Weekly meeting with General Manager.
Acts as the primary manager of all distributor relationships.
- Distributor Knowledge: Has detailed working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization, go-to-market system, and contract. Cultivates positive relationships with all members of the management and sales teams.
- Inventory: Monitors distributor inventories and orders
- Distributor visits with frequency determined by General Manager.
- Assist in creating and delivering an Annual Market Plan for all wholesaler.
- Conduct 2+ business reviews with wholesalers annually.
- Execute surveys (pricing, execution, or special projects) 2+ times per year at each wholesaler.
Leads, manages, and develops account management team toward achievement of market and individual sales and skill development goals.
- Team Leadership and Development: Sets focus areas and specific execution goals with regional sales team that align with distributor goals as well as develop volume deeper in the portfolio. Holds bi-weekly sales meetings/calls with regional team and holds one or more region retreats per year.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Field Coaching: consistently spends time with sales reps in the field either selling as a team or working specifically on skill development to enhance reps’ skills in:
- Selling Skills: Probing, Listening, Objection Handling, Closing, Business Math
- Education: executing distributor and waitstaff educations, tastings, events
- Quality & Troubleshooting: solving field package and draft problems.
Performance and Results: Conducts Annual Performance Reviews for reps, regularly monitors rep performance, and has formal periodic results and skill review conversations with written follow up.
- Bi-weekly meetings with account managers to monitor results and assist where needed.
- Monthly market visits with a scheduled skill development day and sales day with each rep.
- Semiannual Performance Development Plan progress discussions.
- One Annual Performance Review with each rep.
The ideal candidate should possess a passion for our beer, strong sales skills, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to grow and maintain relationships. Being a highly self-motivated individual with a strong sense of personal responsibility is crucial to this role.
Additional requirements include:
- A minimum of two years of experience in a sales management role
- Exceptional work ethic, critical thinking/problem solving skills, and personal character
- Impeccable organizational habits, communication skills, and professional judgement
- Ability to work nights and weekends and travel regionally for the company
- Computer literate with a deep understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, and VIP data reporting
- A strong passion for American craft beers as well as a detailed knowledge of the brewing process, beer styles, beer presentation, and beer dispense
- Intimate knowledge of Minnesota beer distribution laws and statutes including acceptable marketing practices and the three-tier system
- Motivation: Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing: Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Additionally, the ideal candidate would be a sociable person who is adept at representing the brewery in public. Natural leadership, integrity, loyalty, and a good sense of humor are all factors in who we hire. We are rapidly expanding company with growth potential within.
Insight Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Competitive compensation will be based on education and experience. Insight Brewing offers subsidized health insurance for employees along with dental benefits, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Sales: 2 years
- Sales Management: 2 years