The Blaze 4G from T-Mobile sure packs a punch and with eager users out there who were able to get thier hands on the rooting and ClockworkMod installation guides for the the device as soon as they came out, it is inevitable that a few of us were a little too excited, and in the process of rooting or installing ClockworkMod recovery, messed up somewhere to end up with a soft bricked phone. However, users need not be dismayed over this fact, as the device is still recoverable and you can get back to your stock factory settings in no time thanks to k0nane, the guy who is responsible for bringing us the root procedure in the first place. As long as you can access download mode on the Blaze 4G, this guide should just be what you were looking for. So for those of you with a Blaze 4G hanging in limbo, read on after the break to learn and attempt to bring your phone back to life.
The process will involve using ODIN, so make sure you have access to a Windows PC. If you have access to a Windows PC, let’s ge t our hands dirty!
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible in case your device bricks or any other damage occurs due to this method.
- To begin, download the PIT file and TAR firmware on your PC.
- Put your phone in Download mode. (Power of the device, and now hold down the Volume up, Volume down and power button.)
- Start ODIN and make sure all other options except for Auto Reboot are unchecked.
- Click PDA and select the stock firmware (TAR) you downloaded earlier.
- Continue to click PIT and select the PIT file you downloaded.
- Now connect the phone to the PC via the USB cable and once the device shows up connected in ODIN, hit the Start button.
- Once the firmware flashing is completed, the device will automatically reboot, so once it does, close ODIN and remove the USB cable.
That’s it! Your device should now be alive and kicking, but of course, you will not have root access or a custom recovery or anything. You are back to how the phone came in the box! For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.