Job Summary and Mission:
At Teavana we aspire to a life more flavorful, more colorful and more delicious. We are students of the world of tea—respecting its ancient traditions and reimagining them for new tea enthusiasts.
Teavana became part of the Starbucks family in 2012. Tea has always been part of Starbucks heritage—the company was founded as Starbucks Coffee, Tea and Spices in 1971. Our goal to share the vibrance of super-premium tea with more people is
well underway. And there are many opportunities for you to take part in it. The team member’s primary responsibility is to guide customers through the full Teavana journey and educate them about the world of tea. Acts in accordance with Teavana and Starbucks
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Supports store sales growth through delivering personal and team sales goals, upselling, and suggestive selling to customers based on their needs.
• Follows the Enhanced Sales Process, fully executing each step to ensure each customer experiences the Tea Journey that meets their needs as defined by the customer type.
• Responsible for providing a positive customer service experience and sampling.
• Follows Teavana operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
• Provides quality beverages, consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe standards and provides samples according to recipe specification.
• Responsible for keeping beverage station cleaned, stocked and organized at all times.
• Reports any supply needs to Operations Team Lead. Assists in maintaining visual displays per standards and reports discrepancies to the Visual Team Lead.
• Maintains, rotates, dates, and organizes back stock according to plan.
• Ensures proper handling of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re-tickets of back stock, under stock and over stock.
• Ensures proper storage and organization of all stock at all times and reports any issues to Operations Team Lead.
• Maintains visual integrity and brand image of Teavana promotions by ensuring store cleanliness and restocking product per the visual merchandising guidelines.
Summary of Experience:
• No previous experience required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
• Ability to sell and increase sales in a retail environment.
• Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages, cash handling and store safety and security.
• Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to communicate effectively under pressure.
• Ability to receive feedback and coaching.
• Ability to build relationships and work as part of a team.
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to create a positive work environment.
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities.