To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age. As a prerequisite, a pre-employment drug screen is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
1. Provide all customers and employees with top quality customer service in all situations at all times
2. Greet all customers promptly and courteously as they enter the store.
3. Direct customers throughout the store or to the specific area the customer requests.
4. Determine the specific needs of each person that enters the store and provide appropriate service.
5. Give accurate and current information about the product for all inquiries; if the correct information is not at hand, do everything possible to provide an answer before the customer leaves the store
6. Operate the cash register; it should be each employee’s goal to use the register without error and to be consistently accurate in money handling.
7. Check stock daily and restock when necessary to ensure that all products are available for customers
8. Perform merchandising duties: folding, hanging, and displaying product according to retail merchandising standards.
9. Maintain a clean and well-organized floor and back-stock area.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
1. Effective communication skills, oral & written
2. Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
3. Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
4. Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
5. Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
6. Work well as part of a team.
7. Able to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy.
Education and Experience:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. One to three months customer service or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
1. Knowledge or experience with North Face, Salomon, Oakley, Patagonia, and other ski/snowboard brands.
2. Experience with a POS system
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking or standing 100% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling
up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: POS system