Under the direction of the Employment Office Manager, the Recruitment Specialist is responsible for identifying, recruiting, interviewing and referring qualified candidates to open positions at the University. In addition, the Recruitment Specialist will do advertising of exempt and non-exempt positions on the Applicant Tracking System (ATS). All management and support of the current applicant tracking system to included upgrading and training of the campus users will be a major duty of the Recruitment Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years’ of full time experience in Human Resources area required.
- Excellent writing skills required
- Excellent demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively relate with diverse constituencies.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Experience using online applicant tracking systems and developing and conducting training classes and instructional materials to support recruitment activities.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or Interview Exchange preferable.
SALARY : Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Salary Administration level 25 – link to salary chart .
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and the names and emails of three current work references as required by the Interview Exchange System. Application review will begin September 6, 2016 and will continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
On-Campus applicants are defined as Amherst Campus non-student employees
The University of Massachusetts is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, the University of Massachusetts is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the University of Massachusetts to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.