Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Reception and Administration
Estimated Percent of time Spent – 100%
· Answers, channels and routes all incoming calls to appropriate departments.
· Uses paging system according to procedures.
· Provides factual information regarding agency services to participants, families, outside agencies and the general public.
· Updates telephone directory and maintains accurate listings.
· Initiates arrangements for telephone repair service.
· Confirms appointments, interviews, site visits,transportation and meal deliveries for participants and program personnel following established guidelines.
· Responds to emergency calls according to established procedures in a courteous and helpful manner.
· Prepares periodic and special reports which require the gathering of data from several sources and assembling into proper formats.
· Produces correspondence, reports, forms, schedules, minutes and a variety of other materials that may be requested by management for business needs.
· Assists in the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· High School Diploma or GED required.
Work Experience and Qualifications
- Experience answering inbound phone calls and knowledge of multiline phone systems, including the use of a paging system required.
- Experience with standard office procedures including filing, record keeping and the use of standard office equipment such as personal computers, copiers and fax machines required.
- Experience with the creation of reports and faxes and the ability to perform data entry required.
· Medical Terminology is helpful, but not required.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
· Must be computer prof