Nature of Work
Responsible for the preparation and coordination of Request for Quotations (RFQ’s) for materials components, sub assemblies and/or services based on quote requirements received from various departments within the organization (i.e. Program Management, Sales). Analyzes quotations for content in addition to preparing complete costs analyses. Defines needs, clarifies discrepancies and determines the structure of BOM. Monitor RFQ through process and resolve issues that come up. Complete costing information including generation of cost BOM’s, identifying exceptions and assumptions, and identifying and documenting all unique costs and issues. Responsible for supplier selection, make/buy decisions, interfacing with sales and customer to resolve issues.
– Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
– Ability to Interpret an extensive variety of information in technical, mathematical, and diagrammatic and database application forms.
– Ability to compute P & L, calculate markup, and determine selling price.
– Advanced PC skills, expanded abilities in use of spreadsheet & database applications preferred, specifically, Microsoft Excel.
– Be able to create spreadsheets, vlookups, pivot tables
– Detail oriented self-starter, able to work in a very fast-paced & dynamic environment.
– Manufacturing facility background, or understanding of Turnkey/Consignment and EMS experience preferred.
-Minimum of 5 years Cost Estimating/Quoting Experience in electronic components, pcb, machinery and sheet metal parts