Summary/Objective The Purchasing Assistant will negotiate with domestic vendors for the purchase of all materials and supplies used by the manufacturing department. This is a temporary position expected to last 3 to 6 months.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Negotiates with vendors for good and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Follows existing purchasing policies and ensures compliance.
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval
- Works closely with receiving department to ensure proper supplies arrived
- Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics
- Follows up with vendors regarding late deliveries, damage and other exceptions
- Prepares forecasting reports with database software
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
No supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected
Required Education and Experience
- One to two years purchasing experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and related software
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related area.
- Prior manufacturing industry experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work in the United States
It is the policy of Friant and Associates to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Additionally, Friant and Associates will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Temporary
- Purchasing: 1 year
- Excel: 1 year