CHICAGO AREA CANDIDATES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE JOB.
Must be authorized to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
You must have experience with an eCommerce site (a site where people purchase goods and check out using a credit card).
This role is entry level or 1 year experience. This is not a senior role.
Resumes with COVER LETTERS will be considered first.
Zorch is the exclusive supplier of branded merchandise for some of the largest corporations in the world. Unlike other distributors, we are not a middleman. We give Fortune 1000 companies a single source for branded merchandise and connect them directly with manufacturers through our client branded eStores. Unlike most small ecommerce companies, we have a very attractive benefits program. We are located in River North just off the Brown Line Chicago/Franklin stop.
We are seeking a dynamic IT person to support all software and hardware systems at the company and provide technical, administrative or operational support to the business. This will include handling issues with existing systems and users as well as working on new code development and testing.
This role offers the opportunity to work independently and make decisions with general supervision.
You will have the chance to contribute to functional and technical design. Tasks may include identifying, documenting, and tracking requirements; performing requirements analysis; performing software/system integration, verification, and validation / QA testing; and developing test scripts. You will also be responsible for project management, including interacting with consultants, developers and customers as well as monitoring costs and schedules.
Successful candidates will possess these qualities:
- .Ability to perform requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
- .Ability to participate in analyzing customer needs, and identifying user stories and technical tasks to achieve various objectives
- .Be a team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment (e.g., open seating arrangement)
- .Strong oral and written communications skills
- .Strong time management skills
- .Process documentation and analysis skills
- .Possess requirements gathering methods and tools
- .Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio (just basic Visio skills are needed)
Must have had experience with ecommerce sites and some type of accounting system (ERP). Must be able to understand key accounting / sales process terms – sales orders, purchase orders, invoices, accounts receivable, accounts payable.
The typical day for the role is challenging, offers a wide range of duties, and is never boring. Workload can range anywhere from the standard day to day workings of IT to being drawn upon to rapidly address an outage or issue. The successful candidate must have the ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities, clearly communicate and document while participating in a team environment.
- .Perform technical and specialized support in the areas of maintenance, installation, testing and administration of computer hardware and software.
- .Support users in software inquiries, laptop / hardware issues, and email and file server problems, new user setup. Assist our suppliers and warehouse who also use our systems.
- .Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where needed
- .Handle ecommerce system / store emergencies (code, servers, and 3rd party integrations – shipping, taxes, credit cards)
- .Handle licensing updates and SSL and URL renewals
- .Quality assurance testing on new development and bug fixes.
- .Help with new store setups and client integrations.
- .Reporting and software / server monitoring using IPPatrol, New Relic, and other system monitors. This includes monitoring and analyzing network and server performance; review system event/audit logs; detect problems and identify inefficient use of resources;
- .Assist with general IT issues relating to security, PCI Compliance testing, disaster recovery, backups, and New Client Proposal IT Input
- .Manage our 8×8 VOIP phone system.
- .Develop and maintain an inventory of all servers, laptops, monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, switches and other components and equipment
- .Train users on the use of computer equipment and peripherals, software packages, web-based technologies, and various systems.
Education and Experience: Equivalent to completion of 4 years of college or possession of a Bachelor of Arts degree with major coursework in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or related field. Classwork should have included basic accounting.
One year of professional computer support experience which has included computer operations and network or technical support on a variety of operating systems, software, hardware and network platforms, and tools.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years
- Project Management: 1 year