Program Development Associate/Grant Writer[In addition to sending your resume, please read below and answer the four questions below in your cover letter. Thank you!]
When was the last time you felt good about work? It’s a great time to join our small and friendly team. Help others, enjoy your day, and be amazed how time flies!
Program Development Associates at our unique online school research interesting and varied licensing and training requirements, find and write RFPs and help the rest of the team by answering the phone. It’s a great way to make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of caregivers, and hundreds of thousands of children.
We are: A friendly, casual, small (20 employees) business in Tysons Corner, Virginia (McLean) near the Tysons Galleria mall on Jones Branch Drive. Hours for this position are 8:30-5:30 M-TH and 8:30-5 on Fridays.
We do: Train childcare providers in all 50 states and around the world through the Internet, phone and mail. Students and children do not come to our location.
We have: Been in business 27 years, have tens of thousands of thrilled loyal customers, offer excellent benefits (medical, dental, 15 days paid vacation, 5 days paid sick leave), are closed major holidays, have a casual dress code and free parking. We know that the key to a happy customer is a happy employee!
We need: Someone great! Someone caring, honest, punctual, motivated, friendly, professional, efficient and focused who will thrive in a fast-paced, diverse environment. Someone with a can-do attitude, excellent work ethic and a positive approach. Someone who wants to help a lot of people, work hard and truly cares about the quality of their work.
Please send a current resume and cover letter addressing the following:
1. Why you are looking for employment right now (or why you are unemployed if you’re not currently employed). What happened with your last position? If we were to speak with your last boss what might he or she say about you?
2. What you are looking for in a job and why this one sounds interesting to you.
3. Tell us about your experience in the workforce. What are your goals for the future?
4. Your hourly rate requirements (this is very important, so please give a number range from the lowest you can comfortably accept to your realistic “I’d be so happy” amount).
Experience & Education:
– Minimum two years development/RFP writing experience
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Self-starter, works independently, takes initiative
– Excellent writing skills
– Persuasive and charismatic verbal and writing skills
– Experience with writing proposals and working on RFPs
– Experience with marketing and brand building
– Goes above and beyond what is required to understand and succeed in role
– Lifelong learner, inquisitive, asks great questions
– Creates strategies for getting work done and can adjust course as needed to reach goals
– Embraces transparency, takes responsibility for final outcomes, including both successes and failures
– Minimum typing speed 45wpm
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office
– Organized and detail-oriented
– Works well under pressure
Position’s Primary Responsibilities:
– Research regulatory issues and business and marketing opportunities
– Research, find and write RFPs
– We are a small office and everyone is trained in customer support so we can all help answer phone calls
– Other tasks as needed
This position reports to our Director of Program Development and will work closely with him.
Job Type: Full-time
- Grant/RFP Writer: 2 years