You must apply in person at the Chart House Restaurant – Las Vegas located inside the Golden Nugget Las Vegas Hotel and Casino:
129 Fremont Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Chart House is part of Landry’s, a multinational, diversified restaurant, hospitality, gaming, and entertainment conglomerate based in Houston, Texas. The company operates more than 500 high-end and casual dining establishments around the world, including well-known concepts, such as Landry’s Seafood, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., Rainforest Cafe, Morton’s The Steakhouse, The Oceanaire, McCormick & Schmick’s, Mitchell’s Fish Market, Saltgrass Steak House, Claim Jumper, and Mastro’s Restaurants. The company also operates a group of signature restaurants, including Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto, Willie G’s, and others. The gaming division includes the renowned Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino concept, with locations in Las Vegas and Laughlin, NV, Atlantic City, NJ, Biloxi, MS, and Lake Charles, LA. The entertainment and hospitality divisions encompass popular destinations, including the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, Kemah Boardwalk, Aquarium Restaurants, and other exciting attractions, coupled with deluxe accommodations throughout the Houston and Galveston area, including the Westin Hotel in downtown Houston, the Kemah Boardwalk Inn and Luxurious San Luis Resort, including the Hilton and Holiday Inn located on Galveston Island.
To prepare food items according to the outlet’s menu and recipe standards and customer request. To assure preparation and service is of the highest quality in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain uniform appearance according to established guidelines.
2. Adhere to policies and procedures and Health regulations.
3. Work rapidly and accurately.
4. Pay particular attention to detail.
5. Use proper food handling techniques when preparing food.
6. Operate kitchen equipment located in the outlet.
7. Knowledge of menu items and recipes for each assigned station.
8. Properly stock assigned work station.
9. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
10. Notify Room Chef of any needed supplies.
11. Notify Room Chef of any problems that arise.
12. Know locations of all other Golden Nugget outlets and services that are available to the guests.
13. Assist with maintaining a neat, clean and safe working environment.
14. Turnover/takeover station according to established procedures.
15. Complete special projects as requested by Food and Beverage Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must possess good memory and the ability to recall recipes.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and knife skills.
- Good people skills and a well-groomed appearance.
- Minimum age requirement is 18.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one year high volume cooking experience, preferably in a Hotel/Casino environment.
- Prior prep cook experience a plus
- Able to work long periods of time on your feet.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills to include ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide specific to position responsibilities.
- Ability to read and understand all policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, employees, and members of management in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to complete standard forms and reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities.
- Constantly walking, standing, eye/hand coordination, handling, wrist motion, hearing, speaking, seeing and reading.
- Occasionally sitting, bending, and reaching.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to a maximum of 55lbs. alone for distances up to a maximum of 500 ft.
- Occasionally pushing up to a maximum of 200 lbs. for distances up to a maximum of 1,500 ft.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Work performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment. There are occasional hot and cold temperature changes.
- Work with others in close spaces.
- Moderate noise levels.
- Walk/stand on tile/mats
- HAZARDS: Kitchen equipment, knives.