Grifols is a global healthcare company with a 70-year legacy of improving people’s health and well-being through the development of life-saving plasma medicines, hospital pharmacy products and diagnostic technology for clinical use. The company is comprised of three divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostics and Hospital – which develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals around the world. Grifols is a publicly traded company with $4.2b in revenues.
At Grifols, there are many opportunities to enter into the pharmaceutical industry with no prior industry experience. One of the most notable is becoming a Center Quality Manager . Grifols Plasma Operations will hire experienced managers and provide the tools and skills necessary to run one of our plasma centers from a quality and compliance perspective. As a Center Quality manager, you must possess discipline, motivation, strong documentation and communication skills with great attention to detail. If you have prior experience running a laboratory or Quality Assurance department, this might be the right opportunity for you.
As a Plasma Center Quality Manager , you will adapt to a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, learn about daily management, supervise Quality Associates, and ensure compliance with all applicable policies and regulations within our industry. Moreover, you will ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are properly interpreted, implemented in a timely fashion, and that the staff performs according to all SOPs while keeping donor suitability and safety in mind.
Through Grifols you will gain an understanding of internal and external audits, product and biohazard waste shipments, safety, accuracy, community representation, root cause analysis, strategic planning, and more. You will teach and inspire by encouraging team members to grow their skills and become more efficient, effective, and professional in their respective roles.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Liberal Arts, Management, Science, Nursing, Finance, or business related field (unless waived by Senior Leadership).
- Equivalency: Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level typically requires an Associate’s degree plus 2 years of experience, an equivalent could include 4 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of experience in a supervisory, clinical or general business related field (unless waived by Senior Leadership).
- Must be open to travel for training and relocation after completion of training.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills including public speaking.. Strong time management skills with the abiltiy to manage multiple competing priorites Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Computer literacy: Work Processing , database software and spreadsheet programs, proficiency with email and Internet applications. Ability to work with minimal supervison.
Occupational Demands Form #6: Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory/manufacturing environment. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below -32 degrees, miscellaneous production chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment. Exposure to high levels of noise on production floor. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eye wear, garments, and gloves. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum of 35Ibs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand it; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.