The Plant Operator will be responsible for filling industrial, medical and/or specialty gas products into liquid gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas. Responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures.
The secondary function of this position is to drive 1ton to 45’ tractor trailer to transport industrial, specialty and medical gas cylinders to and from specified destinations. The Transport Driver verifies load manifest, loads/unloads truck, performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order; as well as maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
• Operate equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
• Performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
• Use standard pre-fill and post-fill inspections, tests, and operating procedures before cylinders are released.
• Regularly inspect pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices used in daily activities.
• Fill cylinders or containers to proper capacity and accurately maintain cylinder filling records and ensures that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
• Complete daily fill sheets and cylinder filling records accurately and timely.
• Complete and attach warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
• Unload and load cylinders onto delivery trucks using cylinder carts and/or lift gate.
• Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported; comply with all company safety policies and procedures; attend monthly safety meetings.
• Comply with shift work schedules and be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines.
• Maintain a clean, safe and orderly plant appearance.
• Paint and make minor repairs on liquid gas cylinders
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll Find It With Us!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability