The Clinical Assistant provides clinical patient care support in a caring, safe, and efficient manner, under the supervision and delegation of the Registered Nurse. In collaboration with patients and families (as defined by the patient) the Clinical Assistant is responsible for the care of the patient. The Clinical Assistant adheres to and is supportive of the hospital and the department of Nursing mission and philosophy.
1. Delivers successful service to our internal and external customers by adhering to critical success standards: demonstrating accountability and commitment to quality and safety standards; providing exceptional customer service; and exerting effort to insure a positive work environment that demonstrates dedication to the hospital’s mission, vision and values.
2. Performs delegated and ancillary basic nursing skills, including activities of daily living, monitoring of patient condition, body mechanics, providing nutritional support and other activities as appropriate to clinical service, in accordance with hospital standards, nursing standards of care, and policies and procedures.
3. May perform skills, within scope of practice for unlicensed assistive personnel. These skills include, but are not limited to, the collection of specimens, use of specialized equipment, restraint monitoring and patient elimination procedures. Communicates performance of these skills to the patient’s Registered Nurse and other members of the healthcare team.
4. Performs functional assignments per unit standards of care, including such activities as patient admission and discharge procedures, unit environmental organizational tasks, and others as appropriate to service.
5. Performs and documents point-of-care testing, patient mobility and exercise, comfort, rest, sleep and care needs, patient hygiene, grooming, dressing, skincare, dietary, toileting and elimination needs.
6. Assists with transport.
7. Performs clerical duties; use of a fax machine, computers, medical transcription, and Xerox machines may be required.
8. Assists other members of the nursing care team and/or other disciplines.
9. Demonstrates appropriate emergency and patient safety procedures, including management of safety devices and equipment. Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital standards.
10. Participates in training, development and continuing education activities to improve role functioning.
11. Responsible for knowing and demonstrating National Patient Safety standards. Participates in department-based activities and initiatives to improve and ensure a safe environment.
12. Participates in performance improvement activities; quality improvement and patient safety activities; assists in maintaining compliance with Joint Commission accreditation and other internal and external regulatory standards including the code of conduct.
13. Communicates effectively with members of the health
care team, patients and families, often under stress or emergency situations.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Completion of approved nursing assistant training and CNA certification preferred.
CPR certification required.
High School diploma or GED required
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers/CBKYONE
Administrative and Clerical
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period