Crushing & Screening Equipment Company based in California
We have had year over year growth and we are looking to expand our staff. We currently have an opening for Outside Sales in the southern California Territory. This is a localized based sales position. The Corporate office is located in Sacramento. Occasional visits to the corporate office will be required.
Outside Sales position for the sale and rentals of mobile Crushing & Screening equipment primarily to Rock quarries, gravel and sand pits, general engineering contractors and specifying engineers. This effort involves regular contact with the owners, plant managers, estimators, site foremen who use or specify our equipment.
Required Skills & Abilities:
Must have a background in sales.
Specifically in the heavy equipment industry.
Must have the ability to build relationships with end users, owners, contractors & engineers.
Desire to provide outstanding customer service, and a drive to sell.
This is a technical sales position in the heavy equipment industry, mechanically inclined so an engineering or technical interest background is a plus.
Must be very detailed in paperwork. We sell equipment which becomes a part of a larger system. It is very important and, therefore, expected and required that our sales personnel along with our inside engineers, provide specifications, proposals, and submittals detailing our scope based on the project requirements.
- Reports directly to the Sales Manager.
- Proactively call on contractors and specifying engineers to develop long term relationships and generate sales prospects. Respond to these prospects by providing project specific proposals and specifications. This requires a complete review of project requirements and specifications, schedules follow up on all quotations to close the sale and keep management abreast of their status.
- Responsible as our company’s primary contact for a general geographic sales territory and will make regular visits to owners, contractors, engineers and end user accounts.
- Will utilize the company CRM (Client Relation Management) software / service to track sales calls, leads, opportunities, client meetings and project status updates
- Will participate in industry trade associations. These associations typically have monthly meetings and annual trade shows. All sales personnel participate with typically two or three of these groups on a regular basis.
- And last but not least Cold calling is a big requirement of the job to generate leads & ultimately sales.
Job Type: Full-time
- heavy equipment industry sales: 2 years
Job Type: Full-time