Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
At our manufacturing facility in Elkton, Virginia we have experienced level Operator jobs available in our Processing Areas; these positions offer employees the opportunity to work in critical processing areas through-out the Stonewall Plant.
The position duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing manufacturing operations while complying with safety and compliance procedures
- Operating and monitoring manufacturing equipment and processes using computerized and manual systems
- Performing simple maintenance tasks on equipment
- Performing initial troubleshooting on equipment and processes
- Maintaining operating areas in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Housekeeping Procedures
- Use of common tools and equipment
These positions work a schedule that includes overtime and rotating shifts that include all hours of the day and all days of the week including some holidays.
A competitive starting wage of $20.98/hour and comprehensive benefits program are offered.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of five (5) years of Manufacturing, Industrial, Military or Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance experience.
- An Associate’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Manufacturing or Mechanical (STEM) field or other relevant science/engineering program, or STEM related certification from an accredited college/university
- Experience in a biotechnology or clean room facility
- Experience following very specific procedures and documenting the completion of critical steps
- Experience in a facility that is regulated and inspected by a Governmental Agency, such as the FDA
- Experience with computer systems that control processing steps and inventory management (DeltaV, SAP, PI)
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: ICWU LOCAL 94
Job Title: Operator
Primary Location: NA-US-VA-Elkton
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 4
Hazardous Materials: Flammable solvents
Company Trade Name: Merck