The Operation Supervisor is responsible for the safe execution of daily operational plans and strategies, to manage, lead and allocate resources, disseminate information to teammates, ensure compliance with key processes while achieving safety, quality, efficiency and financial KPI’s.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
Supervises at least 2 full-time direct reports. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to recommending hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including terminations.
Responsible for all daily, weekly, and monthly production activities within warehouse operations.
Prepares and distributes various reports needed for normal day to day operations.
Responsible for ensuring that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
Responsible for scheduling vacations and time off per policy with the least amount of disruption to the department to meet customer needs.
Fully engaged with process on floor to actively lead and supervise teammates.
Communicates daily through operational start up meetings, making sure all work instructions, daily workflow activities and safety practices are being followed.
Initiates positive methods of driving teammate excellence through follow up, providing consistent and fair feedback on performance. Takes action through coaching and counseling to correct behaviors.
Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety. Conduct weekly safety meetings during start of shift with teammates. Maintain a safe working environment through participation of safety training, JHA reviews, and weekly walk through. Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment which adheres to corporate 5’s standards.
Supervise the operations of the team to achieve prescribed objectives. Develop and maintain a productive work team through cross training, sound communication and positive motivational techniques.
Facilitating seamless hand offs and communicating key information to peers, teammates and management.
Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking required environment.
Provide courteous and respectful customer service in high pressure situations to internal/external customers.
Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
Assist Operations Manager on special projects as required
Assist in maintaining the security of the facility.
You might be a great fit if…
Bachelor’s degree preferred; business, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or a related field preferred or minimum of 2 years of experience in an operations/warehouse/supply chain environment required.
Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Labor Management experience preferred
Prioritization and problem solving skills essential
Experience with quality management methodologies
Proven ability to drive continuous improvement with fundamental understanding of change management
Ability to handle people under high-stress situations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Customer service driven
Strong team player
Broad knowledge of warehouse operations, methods and procedures.
Intermediate computer skills ( EXCEL, Outlook, Word and WMS)
– Have positive and dynamic management style, combined with superior communication skills and high credibility; able to gain followership and attain buy-in from internal stakeholders; capable of successfully navigating a complex organizational matrix.
– Thorough understanding of relationships among markets, customers, competitors, and financials, develops plans and ensures resources are in place to support the Company’s strategic plan.
– Acts as a change agent looking for opportunities to continually improve processes and workplace. Values innovation, encourages creativity among teammates, and is willing to take calculated risk to make positive change happen. Regularly elicits new ideas from teammates and actively involves him/her and others in change to ensure cooperation and commitment.
Talent Development and Management
– Be a “player-coach” and proven manager/developer of people; capable of hiring, managing, developing and motivating strong teams.
– Possess a collaborative, yet relentless approach to process improvement and team management in order to achieve best in class results, especially around cost, cycle time/throughput, and customer service.
– Develop, foster and grow positive and professional relationships with executive level customers and colleagues.
(With or without accommodation)
Ability to follow policies and procedures.
Ability to read, write and interpret information.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twists, bend, stoop, push or pull.
Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to lift/carry items less than 25 pounds.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the
icon above or have them apply online by clicking
and searching our openings.
FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.
Warehouse & Distribution