Earlier we covered a post on an unofficial port of MIUI to the Incredible 2, but that ROM was at an alpha stage and full of annoying little bugs. Only a day or two later, MIUI.US released it’s latest MIUI 1.7.8 ROM for the Incredible 2, giving Incredible 2 owners something to be excited about.
If you are unfamiliar with MIUI ROMs, you should see our guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android. In short, MIUI ROMs are based on the most famous AOSP ROMs out there, the CyanogenMod ROMs. As for this release in particular, the ROM is based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread and is the latest MIUI release as of right now. Having been just released, MIUI for the Incredible 2 does suffer from a few glitches for now, but nothing that will not be corrected in some time.
There are reports of Music being force closed, call recorder being broken, and possibly a few more. To read more about the bugs as reported by users, head over to the Official Bugs Report Thread at MIUI.US.
If you feel you’re up to it and can handle a few glitches, let’s get this ROM up and running on your Incredible 2.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- That done, select wipe data factory/reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Selecting the ROM will initiate the installation of the ROM, so wait for the process to complete, and once it does, simply reboot your device.
That’s it! Your phone should now boot into the new MIUI ROM. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at MIUI.US.