ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for increasing the outstanding balance of the designated market’s gross loans by an annual goal assigned by the Regional Managing Director. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
2. Meets or exceeds the designated market’s annual loan production goal for new loan growth as assigned by the Regional Managing Director. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
3. Meets or exceeds the individual annual loan production goal for new loan growth as assigned by the Regional Managing Director. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Delegates and works with subordinate staff on meeting annual calling goals to develop new business and increase or retain existing business by calling prospective new customers, existing customers, and referral sources. This includes cross selling bank/subsidiary products and services. The quality of calls plays a vital role in the growth and development of the commercial banking portfolio. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
5. Works closely with subordinate staff evaluating their performance, providing guidance, and developing their abilities to support their professional development. Responsible for the selection, placement, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary administration of all staff in his/her area of responsibility. Responsible for maintaining appropriate personnel to accomplish all department objectives. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
6. Supervises the approval, documentation, closing, and servicing of all department loans with new and existing customers. This includes interviewing prospective and existing customers, gathering and reviewing appropriate financial information, preparing loan write-ups, presenting to loan committee, documenting approved loans, and servicing customers. Responsible for understanding all department loans and ensures loans are in compliance with approved terms, established lending policies, and regulations. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
7. Responsible for the designated market achieving goals assigned by the Regional Managing Director including past due loans, technical exceptions, late renewals, and past due borrower financials. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
8. Actively works to reduce non-performing assets in the market. This may include workout structures, foreclosures, repossession of assets, or pursuit of borrowers or guarantors. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
9. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Education & Other Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 8 years related experience and/or training, and 2 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: 10-Key, Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY
Under direction where a definite objective is set up and the employee plans and arranges own work, referring only unusual cases to supervisor.
Considerable responsibility with regard to general assignments in planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work, in addition, the work operations of a group of employees, all performing basically the same type of work.
Performs work operations which permit frequent opportunity for decision-making of minor importance and also frequent opportunity for decision-making of major importance, either of which would affect the work operations of small organizational component and the organization’s clientele.
Very close mental demand. Operations requiring very close and continuous attention for control of operations which require a high degree of coordination or immediate response. Operations requiring intermittent direct thinking to determine or select the most applicable way of handling situations regarding the organization’s administration and operations; also to determine or select material and equipment where highly variable sequences are involved.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
Moderately directed. Activities covered by wide-ranging policies and courses of action, and generally directed as to execution and review. High order of analytical, interpretative, and/or constructive thinking in varied situations.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervises a small group (3-7) of employees, usually of lower classifications. Assigns and checks work; assists and instructs as required and performs same work as those supervised, or closely related work, a portion of the time. Content of the work supervised is of non-technical nature, but presents numerous situations to which policies and precedents must be interpreted and applied.
Supervises the following departments: Assigned Commercial Loan Market
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, PROPERTY and EQUIPMENT
Regularly responsible for property where carelessness or error would result in only minor damage or minor monetary loss. Almost continuous care and attention is required when handling this property in order to prevent loss.
Probable errors would not likely be detected until they reached another department, office or patron, and would then require considerable time and effort to correct the situation. Frequently, possibility of error that would affect the organization’s prestige and relationship with the public to a limited extent, but where succeeding operations or supervision would normally preclude the possibility of a serious situation arising as a result of the error or decision.
FREEDOM TO ACT
Directed. Freedom to complete duties as defined by wide-ranging policies and precedents with mid to upper-level managerial oversight.
ANNUAL MONETARY IMPACT
The amount of annual dollars generated based on the job’s essential duties / responsibilities. Examples would include direct dollar generation, departmental budget, proper handling of organization funds, expense control, savings from new techniques or reduction in manpower.
Large. Job creates a monetary impact for the organization from $10mm to $50mm.
IMPACT ON END RESULTS
Moderate impact. Job has a definite impact on the organization’s end results. Participates with others in taking action for a department and/or total organization.
Regular contacts with patrons where the contacts are initiated by the employee. Involves both furnishing and obtaining information and, also, attempting to influence the decisions of those persons contacted. Contacts of considerable importance and of such nature, that failure to exercise proper judgment may result in important tangible or intangible losses to the organization.
Contacts with other departments or offices and also frequently with individuals in middle level positions; consulting on problems which necessitate judgment and tact in presentation to obtain cooperation or approval of action to be taken. Also, important contacts with associates as required in advanced supervisory jobs, plus frequent contact with senior level internal officials.
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, road and production machines and equipment, driver’s license/cdl, etc.)
Normal working conditions as found within an office setting, wherein there is controlled temperature and a low noise level, plus a minimum of distractions.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Moderate diversity, low physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which are not as varied as those positions with high-level diversity and decision-making.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and distance vision.
Great Southern Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individual with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, or on any other basis prohibited by law.