Manager, Actuarial Services
Clayton, Atlanta, Tempe, MO, GA, AZ
Req ID: 1062479
Position Purpose: Conduct analysis, pricing and risk assessment to estimate financial outcomes. Provide expertise and technical support in matters related to the successful and financially sounds operations of the company’s health plan businesses.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to calculate financial outcomes.
- Negotiate capitation rates with State agencies
- Oversee health plan experience, identify trends and recommend improvements
- Research and identify new business opportunities
- Work with Health Plans to ensure soundness of capitation rates
- Work with State agencies to assess impact of program/policy changes
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. 5+ years of actuarial experience. License/Certification: Fellow or Associate of the Society of Actuaries. Member of American Academy of Actuaries
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
reports to the Director level
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
5+ years of actuarial experience. Fellow or Associate of the Society of Actuaries. Member of American Academy of Actuaries
What are the nice-to-have skills?
experience working in managed care/Medicaid environment strongly preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $170,000.00 /year
Required licenses or certifications:
- American Academy of Actuaries
- Society of Actuaries