Work with all members of the branch, and management team to develop the technical and leadership skills necessary to assist with needed operational activities and to ensure the support of the branch’s goals and objectives.
• Monitor, resolve, document and report all customer concerns and issues. Relay and coordinate information between operations and sales.
• Monitor and ensure timely and proper completion of paperwork for Drivers including truck reports, driver logs and vehicle inspections.
• Complete fuel reports, DOT hours recap and tonnage reports on a daily basis.
• Perform route audits on all vehicle product lines and become familiar with each line.
• Create and ensure proper distribution of work orders for all Drivers and Helpers
• Work with customer service in order to become familiar with customer calls and questions.
• Create and ensure proper scheduling of Drivers and Helpers.
• Coordinate with Drivers to ensure that all missed stops and special pick-up’s are completed daily.
• Review and analyze productivity reports for improvement opportunities.
• Observe and monitor employee work habits and skills and make suggestions for programs designed to correct any concerns.
• Confer and work with shop management to gain knowledge of shop function as it relates to the overall operation of branch.
• Participate in all safety related meetings and activities and correct any observed safety related hazards.
• Gain knowledge of all personnel related matters including: hiring, training, coaching, counseling, termination, etc.
• Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• At least five (5) years supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
• Combination of education and/or experience
• Two (2) years experience in the waste or transportation industry preferred
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.