ENGIE Services is a provider of energy efficiency, facility management services and outsourcing solutions for companies and communities. Our experts design, develop and manage tailored, smart and sustainable solutions for our customers’ benefit from airports to office parks and industrial sites.
ENGIE Services is part of ENGIE in North America, which manages a range of energy businesses in the U.S. and Canada, including electricity generation and cogeneration, natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) distribution and sales, retail energy sales and energy optimization services. ENGIE (formerly GDF SUEZ) employs 154,950 people worldwide and achieved revenues of Can$ 99.1 billion in 2015.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, Maintenance & Operations, the Maintenance Supervisor takes responsibility for all preventive and corrective maintenance, strategic development, and implementation in accordance with Engie’s policies, as well as assignment of the required personnel. The maintenance supervisor is responsible for establishing proficiency standards to provide the necessary training to all Technicians at the site. Further the maintenance supervisor will be responsible for providing a positive work environment and to occasionally impose disciplinary measures according to established HR policies. The supervisor conveys information to the Regional Manager when a risk is detected that might disrupt smooth operation of the facilities; assists with implementation of contingency plans, directs shift leads and ensures that safety rules are observed during all work performed.
This Maintenance Supervison position will be required to work Monday to Friday from 12:00pm – 8:00pm.
- Oversee and supervise Baggage Handling System (BHS) technicians.
- Organize the work of subordinates in an optimal fashion based on needs and availability.
- Hold periodic staff and safety meetings.
- Organize maintenance and supervision processes for execution of work in coordination with the Regional Manager.
- Conduct detailed quality control inspections of work performed in the Bag Rooms.
- Analyze problem situations involving the BHS and propose necessary corrections.
- Make necessary decisions in the event of system failures in coordination with the Regional Manager, the client, and stakeholders.
- Participate in and assist operations staff with implementation of contingency plans.
- Act as intermediary between the maintenance and the operations staff; pass on directives from supervisors and ensure that they are executed.
- Communicate all useful information on life of the facilities to the Regional Manager and assist with decision making.
- Establish a continuing improvement program for reliability and improvement processes.
- Manage the MAXIMO (CMMS) database for the Birmingham site and use it as a benchmark for improvement in cooperation with the HQ Quality and Optimization Team.
- Perform all other related tasks requested by the Regional Manager.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience;
- Minimum two (2) years management experience, managing a minimum of 5 people;
- Minimum five (5) years technical experience;
- University degree or equivalent work experience;
- Knowledge of managing a maintenance program using CMMS (Maximo knowledge is a plus);
- Ability to make decisions and plans under stressful situations;
- Knowledge of the supervisory control and data acquisition system is a plus (SCADA);
- Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting (asset);
- Able to obtain a security clearance at the required level;
- Ability and willingness to work outside in all types of adverse conditions such as extreme weather;
- Able to pass a medical exam;
- Willingness to work nights;
- Available for on call problems;
- Must possess a valid Alabama Drivers License;
- Good leadership and strong visionary skills;
- High tolerance for stress;
- Ability to organize work and set priorities;
- Strong sense of customer service and courtesy.
Equal Employment Opportunity :
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Études secondaires (ou équivalent)
- Maintenance Supervisor: 5 years
- technical: 5 years
- management: 2 years
Required license or certification: