Empowering Families is looking for an energetic, upbeat individual to serve as out Licensed Professional Counselor: Sign on bonus!!!!!!
This is a PT 1099 independent contractor role, (based on experience licensure level).
You must have knowledge of the DSM V, be knowledgeable of differential diagnosing, assessment, and treatment planning.Responsibilities:
- Conduct preliminary intakes and assessments of new clients
. * Prepares written diagnostic assessment, assessing clients from multiple perspectives, including family functioning, psychological/ emotional, social, academic, medical, behavioral, substance abuse, skills, strengths, barriers to economic self-sufficiency, treatment history, and others, and utilizing various assessments instruments.
- Write and implement individualized treatment plans for clients.
- Acts in marketing role to build and maintain relationships with referral sources and other community resources.
- Remains available to assist with crisis intervention
. * Facilitates weekly supervisor meetings and monthly all staff meetings.
- Provides guidance and support to Supervisors overseeing team of Specialists.
- Performs other duties as requested.Licensed Professional counselorThe LCSW/LPC, shall have a Master’s Degree in Human Services from an accredited college or university, as well as three experience in providing services to children and their families and possess a license as a professional therapist or social worker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
. * Must submit to and receive satisfactory results from a criminal background investigation and a registry check by the Department of Social Services.
- First Aid, CPR, and Behavior Management certifications are required
. * A valid driver’s license, current copy of DMV driving record, a copy of the declaration page of automobile insurance is request
our office is located in Norfolk- Colley Avenue but you may be required to go into the community to complete intakes.Please forward your resumes to
Job Type: Contract
- providing services: 1 year
- Counselling: 1 year