- Exercised: Classification generally supervises staff within the assigned division or department of the Library;
- Received: Typically, reports to Library/Community Services Manager or Assistant Library Director;
- Note: Other reporting relationships may apply
Example of Duties:
The Richmond Public Library is seeking a candidate to fill a permanent full-time Librarian II – Collection Development Manager position to plan, implement and manage selection of library materials for Richmond Public Library’s nine libraries.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementing and managing selection of library materials for Richmond Public Library’s nine libraries;
- Overseeing both print and digital collection tools for public libraries;
- Managing budgeting and reporting for materials funds;
- Preparing spreadsheets and regular statistical reports in Microsoft Office for management;
- Supervising assigned staff and work teams;
- Maintaining awareness of general trends of publishing;
- Collecting data on the utilization of library collections;
- Participating in team decision-making, staff development and training;
- Performing other related duties as assigned;
- Maintaining advanced knowledge of current Integrated Library Systems and electronic databases.
The position may include working some evenings and Saturdays. Experience in collection development and public services in public libraries is desirable.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Requires a Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library school;
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, proficient with Integrated Library System software (currently SIRSI);
- Requires four years experience;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification;
- No Special Certification or License required.
- At least 5 years of progressive collection development experience;
- Experience managing a collection budget of at least $500 thousand or more;
- Must have or be able to obtain the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Professional Library Certification within 3 months of hire.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires walking or standing; and exerting up to 30 pounds of force on an occasional basis to lift and move library materials; routine computer operations; requires regular dexterity. Travels in community to present programs on library services to community groups and agencies.
Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
The job risks exposure to no environmental hazards.
Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception and depth perception.
The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Site Wide Menu:
- Highlighted Information
- Online Services
900 E. Broad St. | Richmond, VA 23219 | Map it | (804)646-7000
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Mayor Dwight C. Jones | © 2010 City of Richmond
This is the example of Message that could show on every page