The Landing Gear Mechanic is responsible for the disassembly, inspection, repair, overhaul, modification and reassembly of aircraft landing gear components. All work will be performed in a shop environment.
• Perform maintenance of aircraft components in accordance with company policies and rules, as defined by given specifications and FAA-CFR-145 regulations
• Work from complex and detailed assembly blueprints, technical drawings, and overhaul manuals
• Use and application of special tools and fixtures used throughout the various stages of disassembly/assembly
• Preliminary inspection, parts identification and Bill of Materials completion
• Perform functional tests on assemblies to ensure workability of completed items
• Initiate, fill-out, record, or complete all evaluation forms, work orders, maintenance releases, and any other pertinent reports and forms needed for the production and operation of the job
• Will assist other personnel and execute any other general duties that may arise from daily operations and production
• Other duties as assigned.
• Airframe and Power Plant license with 3 years’ experience repairing or overhauling commercial aircraft landing gear components preferred, OR
• Airframe license with 3 years’ experience repairing or overhauling commercial aircraft landing gear components preferred, OR
• 5 years relevant experience repairing or overhauling commercial aircraft landing gear components
• Newly licensed applicants may be considered
• At least 18 years of age
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Ability to pass DOT drug and alcohol test
• Ability to interpret aircraft and/or component technical data such as SRM, CMM, engineering drawings, etc.
• U.S. person or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) preferred due to ITAR regulations.
A&P licensed candidates are preferred
Location: City of Industry, CA