Motorola Xoom owners who just updated their devices to the Honeycomb 3.2 update now have the first custom kernel for the 3.2 update to play around with. Tiamat 2.0.0 Katana kernel is developed by the team Tiamat who have been working hard on the Xoom’s development. We have covered a few kernels by this team based on Honeycomb 3.1 and 3.0 in the past as well. The kernel brings in an sweet overclock of up to to 1.7Ghz along with a few other goodies.
The kernel is strictly meant for Wi-Fi only models and is offered as two variants, one with an overclocked GPU and one at a stock GPU frequency. In addition, the kernel has the following features to offer:
- Added Realtek 8150 USB Ethernet Dongle Module.
- USB Tether work for real now.
- All frequency steps built in. 1.2, 1.408, 1.504, 1.6, and 1.7.
- Apple Magic Mouse Support.
- CPU Frequency scaling patch.
- Voltage Controls.
Want to get this up and running on your Xoom, let us show you how.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the kernel of your preference from the links above and reboot into recovery.
- In the recovery go into mounts and storage and select mount USB storage.
- You will see your device mounted as a storage device on your computer, so copy the kernel to the root of the SD card mounted.
- Once copied, select unmount USB storage.
- That done, select wipe cache and then wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the kernel copied to the root of your SD card.
For updates and queries, related to this kernel, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.