It was only recent that the official Android 2.3.3 was leaked for the Galaxy S I9000, and now Samfirmware has recently released the leaked Android 2.3.4 firmware for the device. The ROM brings in hopes that Samsung is trying to bring the Galaxy S on par with the Nexus S. Read on to download the ROM and the installation instructions.
It is important to understand that this ROM is an official leak and untouched by any third party. Hence you will loose all root access on your device if you were previously rooted.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the firmware from the link above and extract it. The password for archive is “samfirmware.com”.
- Put your phone into download mode by holding down the Volume Down key and pressing the Power button.
- Run ODIN and click on PIT to choose s1_odin_20100512.pit from the folder where you extracted the ROM. Make sure Re-partition is checked.
- Click on PDA and choose CODE_I9000XXJVP_CL264642_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 when prompted.
- Click on Phone and select MODEM_I9000XXJVP_REV_00_CL1019177.tar.md5.
- Lastly click on CSC and select GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVP.tar.md5.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer via USB and once you see the device connected in ODIN, hit the Start button.
- ODIN will start flashing the ROM, and once done, your phone will reboot. You can unplug the phone from your computer.
That was it, if you did it right, the phone should now boot into the new Android 2.3.4 based firmware.