MDJ’s ViVO Sense v.1.1 is a custom Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread ROM for the HTC Desire HD based on the latest official HTC Incredible S ROM with HTC Sense 2.1. The ROM aims to bring you a fast yet stock HTC Sense experience with some optimizations and customizations. To learn more and for the installation instructions, read on after the jump.
Brought to us by senior XDA-Developers forum member m-deejay whose ROMs have been featured by us in the past as well, this ROM brings the latest 2.3.3 version of Android to the HTC Desire HD, along with the improvements in HTC Sense introduced in the 2.1 version. In addition, the developer has thrown in a few improvements of his own:
- Rooted with SuperUser and Busybox installed,
- Multilanguage support,
- Windows Phone 7 fonts,
- Very fast due to speed enhancements,
- Optus AU apps removed.
At present, there are no known problems with the ROM and everything appears to be working flawlessly so far. If you are ready to give the ROM a shot, here are the instructions.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Copy the downloaded zip files for both the ViVO Sense 1.0 ROM and the ViVO Sense 1.1 Update to the root of your SD card (not in any sub-folder).
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- From ‘Backup and restore’, perform a backup.
- Perform ‘Wipe data/factory reset’.
- Perform ‘Wipe cache’.
- From ‘Advanced’, perform ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
- Get back to the main menu and select ‘Install zip from SD card’.
- Choose the ViVO Sense 1.0 ROM’s zip file from the SD card to install it first. (You may skip this step if you are already running the 1.0 version of the same ROM and only need to update to the v1.1.)
- Choose the ViVO Sense 1.1 Update’s zip file to install now.
- Once the installation is complete, get back to the main recovery menu and reboot your device.
You should now be running MDJ’s ViVO Sense 1.1 ROM on your HTC Desire HD. In case of any questions or comments, head over to the XDA-Developers forum thread and contact the developer.