The Droid Charge received a 2.3.4 based EP1F firmware earlier this month, but that was a leak, and not an official or final release by Verizon. Now another 2.3.4 firmware has leaked and surface on the internet but this time the firmware is a newer one labeled EP1H, and as with any leak, it is not the official or final release. My Droid World forum member p3droid has put the firmware up for download on My Droid World and while the ROM is not the final real deal, it is reportedly very stable and smooth in operation.
As with most firmware leaks for Samsung based devices, this ROM is to be flashed via ODIN. There are two versions available to the user, a full factory stock ROM, and a stock but pre-rooted ROM. If you’re familiar with installing ROMs via ODIN, this would be walk in the park for you. If not, we’ll make it easier for you. So let’s get this ROM up and running on your Droid Charge.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the ROM from the links above and extract it.
- Run ODIN and click on PDA to select the ROM you extracted (.tar).
- Put your phone in download mode and connect it to the PC via USB.
- Once you see the device connected in ODIN, hit the Start button to begin the flashing process.
- Once the ROM is installed, the phone will reboot. You can unplug the device now.
That’s it! Your phone should now boot into the new EP1H ROM. Incase you want to revert back to the official Froyo build for some reason, download it from the link above and flash it via ODIN just like you flashed the new firmware.