Right now, Honeycomb and Gingerbread is all the rage in the Android world. Especially when it means giving a new lease of life to older devices that still pack enough of a punch to run these versions of Google’s Android OS. Today, we cover yet another Honeycomb SDK Port, this time on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8. Before we say more, this ROM is strictly for developers, or anyone who is willing to test it out to help make this port a stable one for the Xperia X8. For more information on this ROM and how to flash to to your device, read on!
Update: Please note that all development on this ROM has been discontinued by the developer, so if you’re looking forward to a working ROM, this is not the ROM for you.
The port has been made possible by XDA-Developers forum member, mohakrastogi. So far the ROM has not been vastly tested to number out the bugs that it likely brings along. However, on a lighter note, it does boot with the touch screen functional. So if you’re a developer or crazy for the love of Android, let’s get this ROM up and running on your device!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, copy the ROM you downloaded from the link above to the root of your X8’s SD card.
- Now boot into recovery mode, and make a NANDroid backup. See our guide on how to perform / restore a NANDroid backup.
- Once the backup is made, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and Dalvick cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM you copied to the root of your SD card.
- Once you select it you will be prompted with whether to install the file or not so choose Yes.
- The installation will start and take a minute or two so wait patiently. Once the process completes, reboot your device.
Voila! Your phone will now reboot into Honeycomb! Let us know how your experience was, and to report any bugs you may encounter or for updates an queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.