The HTC Incredible may have been superseded by the Incredible 2, but the former still packs a punch, and continues to receive the latest ROMs as they happen. Developers loyal to the Incredible are not about to let the phone go down without giving it a chance of tapping into its true potential. Pure Shooter 3 is an Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread based ROM by RootzWiki forum member wildstang83 and sports the latest and awesome Sense 3.0 UI.
Credits to, Joel for the base, OVO for the initial lib work, Juwe11 for the RAM Script, optmsprim2 for the awesome bootanimation here, newt, NilsP, ihtfp69, wdfowty and aamikam.
The ROM is based on the RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_1.13.651.7_release (CDMA SHOOTER). Apart from being based on Android 2.3.3 and using Sense 3.0, the ROM packs the following features:
- Deodexed and rooted of course.
- Bloatware has been removed and also deSPRINTed.
- Custom Boot animation added.
- Custom Rewind Lock ring.
- Custom overscroll color.
- Custom launcher and quick settings. (Quick settings has been rearranged.)
- Battery percentage added with 1& increments.
- The Recent apps menu has been removed.
- 2.1 Pulldown Header, Pulldown Bar images.
- Latest Android Market.
- RAM script by Juwe.
- Hardware acceleration added.
- SMS backup enabled.
- SIP calling over 3G.
- SD Speed tweak.
- Auto zipalign on boot – Wes Garner.
Want to get this up and running on your Incredible? Here’s how you can do that.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Before we begin, please note this: DO NOT install via ROM Manager unless you want a mess on your hands.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- That done, select wipe data factory/reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Selecting the ROM will initiate the installation of the ROM, so wait for the process to complete, and once it does, simply reboot your device.
That’s it, you should now boot into the Pure Shooter 3 ROM for the Droid Incredible. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at RootzWiki.