The powerful Asus Transformer Honeycomb Tablet has just received the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 TouchWiz UI. Is it another port like the the one we covered for the Acer Iconia whereby it received a complete port of the Galaxy Tab 10.1’s TouchWiz ROM? We cannot say at this point, but RootzWiki forum member r2doesinc has just released a ROM (which is in it’s primitive stage for now) sporting the Samsung TouchWiz UI.
At the time we cover this, there are no details on the exact specs of the ROM as such, but you can be sure that the ROM still needs a bit of work, however, that by no means is to undermine the developers effort.
According to the little feedback that there is on the forum, people seem to be having issues with the Auto-rotation sensors. This ROM for now, is intended for people bold enough to take a few risks with their Android devices. If you want, we can tell you how to get this ROM up and running on your device. (Image below, courtesy of the developer.)
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is flashed, reboot the device and take a deep breath.
There you go, you should boot into the TouchWiz based ROM. For further updates and queries related to this ROM, visit the forum thread at RootzWiki.