We have confirmation of the Nexus S receiving the latest MIUI 1.5.6 Android 2.3.4 based ROM and boy, do we love it! These ROMs aren’t just elegant and pretty but also fast and very stablel for the devices that are officially supported. Lucky for us, the Nexus S tops that list and once again, we have the latest MIUI ROM to play with on its vibrant 4 inch S-AMOLED screen. More on the ROM and how to install it after the jump!
Before we move onto the features and installation, you can see our guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android to see what the hype is all about.
Below are a few features of the ROM. Additionally you can check out
the changelog at MIUI Android Developers (not available anymore on new MIUI Android website).
- The ROM base has been upgraded to 2.3.4.
- Added one press dial functionality: quickly call up number with one press.
- Added reminder notification of new messages.
- Added Birthday reminder functionality, reminds of birthdays 3 days earlier.
- Removal of duplicate contacts when your SIM and Google contacts overlap.
- Added swipe to delete or select all songs for editing or removal.
Now that you know what this ROM is all about, let’s take it for a spin on the Nexus S!
Disclaimer: Flash a custom ROM to your phone at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Download the ROM and language pack (if you don’t want Chinese) from the above given link, and copy them to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery mode and flash the ROM, only after you’ve made a nandroid backup and wiped data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Optionally you can flash the language pack after you’ve flashed the ROM but make sure to wipe cache and dalvik cache before doing that too.
If the above instructions do not make sense to you, you should see our comprehensive guide on how to install a ROM or zip file via recovery on an Android device.
Optionally you can also check out our post on 10 awesome MIUI themes for Android.
For updates and queries regarding this ROM, visit the forum thread at MIUI Android Developers.