HTC Desire HD has just received the latest MIUI ROM based on Android 2.3.4. MIUI ROMs are known for the elegance and simplicity and not to mention the extremely user friendly UI. Throw all that on a 4.3 inch screen and we assure you that the ROM will leave you mesmerized. You can see our guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android to see what the hype is all about. More on this wonderful ROM and how to install it after the jump!
Below are a few features of the ROM. Additionally you can check out the changelog at
MIUI Android Developers (no longer available on new MIUI Android website).
- The ROM base has been upgraded to 2.3.4.
- Added one press dial functionality: quickly call up number with one press.
- Added reminder notification of new messages.
- Added Birthday reminder functionality, reminds of birthdays 3 days earlier.
- Removal of duplicate contacts when your SIM and Google contacts overlap.
- Added swipe to delete or select all songs for editing or removal.
Now that you’ve acquainted yourselves with MIUI and the updates, let’s get this ROM up and running on the Desire HD!
Disclaimer: Flash a custom ROM to your phone at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Download the ROM and language pack (if you don’t want Chinese) from the above given link, and copy them to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot into recovery mode and flash the ROM, only after you’ve made a nandroid backup.
- Optionally flash the language pack after you’ve flashed the ROM.
In case you are new to flashing ROMs and the above instructions do not make sense to you, you should see our comprehensive guide on how to install a ROM or zip file via recovery on an Android device.
Optionally you can also check out our post on 10 awesome MIUI themes for Android.
For updates and queries visit the forum thread at MIUI Android website.