CyanogenMod’s support for the Samsung Vibrant sure has started of in style with the release of CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1. With Vibrant being in the hands of an extensive population, it was about time that CyanogenMod started supporting this Android device. The ROM is based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread and is pretty easy to install on your Vibrant.
The ROM being a Release Candidate is pretty stable for daily use. For more information on this ROM and any changelog, refer to the official CyanogenMod git. Now, on with some good old ROM flashing!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
If you were already rooted and have ROM manager installed, you can download the ROM from their and flash it. If you prefer it the manual way:
- Begin by copying the ROM and Google Apps you downloaded from the link above, to the root of your SD card.
- Once the file is copied, reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery, make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe factory/data reset.
- Now, wipe cache and dalvick cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard.
- Once done, simply flash the ROM you copied to your SD card and let it install
- That done, flash the Google Apps and then simply reboot your device.
Voila! Your phone should now boot into the new CM7.1 RC1 ROM. For updates and queries, visit the page at Cyanogenmod.