Since the rumors and videos of Sense 3.5 being leaked on the Internet, HTC’s latest Sense UI has begun finding its way onto HTC Android devices through way of custom ROMs. The Droid Incredible 2 has just recently received an Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread custom ROM with Sense 3.5 thanks to XDA-Developers forum member newtoroot. Named HTC Bliss Beta, the ROM in fact is a port of T-Mobiles version of the Sense 3.5, hence called mySense 3.5.
Further credit goes to Cappychimp for complete base & coolexe for the screenshots.
The ROM, in fact the UI has done away with the curved dock bar at the bottom and instead put in a a new Quick Launch screen that houses an App and a Phone button along with apps of your choice that have drawers that slide out for further options. Honest opinion: the whole sliding out drawers may seem aesthetically pleasing, they’re too tiny to actually stand out as useful.
The ROM also has a few more changes to the Menu and more, but no drastic changes have been made. Sense 3.5 though seems to be more tweaked and better optimized allowing phones with mediocre specs to run it smoothly and without a sweat. However, for now, Bluetooth and the Camera is broken in this ROM, but the developers are working hard to fix all that remains to be fixed.
So if you want to get this ROM up and running on your Droid Incredible 2, here’s how you can do that.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- That done, select wipe data factory/reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Selecting the ROM will initiate the installation of the ROM, so wait for the process to complete.
- Once the ROM is installed, simply reboot the device.
That’s it! You should now boot into the new custom ROM. For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.