Although, the official NoDo update have started rolling out to Windows Phone 7 owners, some users are not getting it and have now become impatient. So for those of you who want to update their WP7 right now, this guide will help you do just that, manually.
Now before you get all excited, this method has been both successful and a complete disappointment for some users. However, the method involved, poses no risk to your device as far as bricking is concerned, so it is worth a shot. We tried it on our Orange Samsung Omnia 7 outside US but couldn’t get much far with it. The requirement and instructions are below. Let us know if it worked for you.
- Download USAIP.pbk. This would allow you to remotely connect to a server.
- Registry file. This is incase the above remote connection doesn’t open.
- Zune installed on your PC.
- Registry Unbranding applied.
- To begin, make sure your WLAN and Flight Mode are disabled on your phone.
- Make sure Use cellular data connection to check for updates is active on your phone.
- Run the USAIP.pbk file you downloaded from the link above and connect to EUROIP PPTP Hungary using ‘demo‘ as the Username and Password. (The connection remains active for 7 minutes after which it hangs up automatically.)
- Connect your phone to the PC and manually search for an update within Zune. Settings > Phone > Update.
- After a few seconds (10-15) of searching, disable the data transfer on your phone.
- Hopefully if you’re a few of the lucky ones, the update will show up. Just hit the update, and re-run USAIP.pbk and close the connection by hitting the Hangup tab, so that Zune can download the update package.
Voila! That simple, but for those of you with unbranded phones and still unable to update through this process, keep trying, some users tried it like 50 times and were finally successful!
[VIA: MOBILETECHWORLD & XDA-DEVELOPERS]