A custom Android recovery image can be very helpful for an advanced user. If you are the owner of a T-Mobile Pulse – which is also sold unbranded as the Huawei U8220 (CHT8000 in Taiwan), you can now flash a custom Recovery image to your device, thanks to MoDaCo Android forum members Amon Ra and Paul. Read on after the break for installation instructions and download link.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
This custom recovery image allows you to take and restore nandroid backups, install ROMs and apps from SD card, enable/disable USB mass storage mode, clear/wipe data and cache as well as dalvik cache, partition the SD card, repair the SD card partitions and several other advanced maintenance operations for your device. You can install it as follows:
- Download the custom recovery file from the link given below and extract its contents to a folder on your computer.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into bootloader / fastboot mode by pressing the ‘Power’ button while keeping the ‘End Call’ and ‘Volume Down’ buttons pressed.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB. In case the ADB drivers are already installed, your device will be recognized in USB mode by your computer. The text “Fastboot” on your phone’s screen should change to “Fastboot USB”.
- In case the drivers aren’t present, you will be prompted to install them. Do not let Windows search for them automatically and instead choose to manually install them, specifying the location of “google-usb_driver” subfolder inside your Android SDK installation folder.
- Double click ‘install-recovery-windows.bat’ from the files extracted in step 4.
- Once done, reboot your phone.
That’s it, you now have a custom recovery by Amon RA and Paul installed on your T-Mobile Pulse. To boot your phone into recovery, just turn it off first and then press the ‘Power’ button while keeping the ‘End Call’ and ‘Menu’ buttons pressed.
Download Custom Recovery for T-Mobile Pulse / Huawei U8220